PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 17, 2014

Craftsman Buffet with Mirror

I picked up this buffet from Craigslist.  I recently picked up another one with a mirror back splash, but until these I've never done one with this feature, I really like them. 

Here it is before...

Fairly basic straight lines, so I decided I would antique it after painting to add a little depth, and interest.

Here it is after I painted it with our Cottage white...

I then used Minwax stain in Provincial to antique it.  There's a million tutorial and how to's on how to do this, so I won't go into great detail.  I basically brush the stain on with a foam brush in sections and then wipe off with a rag, being sure to go back and keep wiping as it keeps seeping out of the cracks.  

By the way with mirrors I don't mask, I just prime, paint, and antique, and then go back spray with Windex or my all purpose cleaner, vinegar and water, and then scrape all the paint off with a razor blade.  I just think it's much easier.

Here it is all finished at the Cottage...




This piece is currently for sale at the Cottage.

Thanks for stoppin'

                                                                        Katie

Linking too:

4 comments:

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

I love how this turned out! I've used the stain method of glazing too and find it one of the simplest ways to get the vintage look. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely weekend! ~Deborah

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring this at What We Accomplished Wednesday tonight! Love it!!

Pamela said...

That piece turned out gorgeous. Thanx for joining THT.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love this piece of furniture. the mirror really makes it.

Post a Comment