PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Grain Sack Drop Leaf Table

 

I picked up this drop leaf table from a garage sale a few weeks back, actually it was my fourth grade teacher's garage sale pretty weird right?  She said she remembered me too, but I was painfully shy in grade school, so I'm thinking teacher's probably just say that, how can they possibly remember all their students.

Anyway it only took a few days to get inspired on this one.  I thought it is perfect for the trendy grain sack look that is so in right now, that I couldn't wait to get started.  

I probably should have had some patience though because I used painter's tape for the lines, but upon removing it, it had bled under the tape and looked pretty terrible, so I had to go back and sand and paint, and wait and tape and a bit more carefully paint the stripes, AGAIN.  

I'm not sure why it bled, but I had to buy more tape and maybe its was better or newer, I know I was more careful and used a dryer brush, but I actually thought I did that pretty good the first time, well anyway it turned out a little more perfect the second time around for whatever reason.

Here it is as it looked as Mrs, Richtor's...

And after...

Here it is with the leaves dropped...



How cute is it with my tub chairs...









It also has a leaf(not shown) so it makes out to 65" long.

Thanks for stoppin'

                                                                                                      Katie
Sharing With~~~

18 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful! I love it, Katie! The grain sack is great, but it looks totally refreshed with the new paint color, too.

Anonymous said...

Love the stripes so classy! But the way my grandma taught 1st grade for a long time and swears she remembers all her old students.

andi filante said...

Awww...so super cute!! I love it! :)

-andi

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! Katie you are so creative ,I love everything you do!!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Wow, I love it! Been meaning to do this myself for a while with some end tables. Also love those chairs!

Unknown said...

Your Table is STUNNING, I love the stripes!! I would love for you to come link up to my Paint Party Starting Tomorrow after 6pm!! Startathome.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there,

Brooke

andrea@townandprairie said...

What a cute idea! And I love the chairs you paired with it, too. A new follower, Andrea

Full Circle Creations said...

Very cute! Love the lines and details of the table!

Anne said...

Beautiful transformation! Love those chairs too!
xx
Anne

Anonymous said...

Wow! So cool! I love the idea of buying an antique at a garage sale and changing it up so you have a one of a kind piece of furniture. I have recently been doing the same. I may need to copy your painted grain sack because it looks fabulous in your unique and adorable dining room. Your table is a work of art!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Charming room and a GREAT transformation!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

angela hodges abode said...

Beautiful! You did an excellent job! Thank you for linking up at Hickory Trail!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for linking up at Start at Home's Paint Party! I am featuring your table on Thursday!!

Brooke
Start at Home

DIYbyDesign said...

That really looks awesome. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

The table turned out fantastic! Great job. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Deborah

Pamela said...

I love it and how neat you got it from an old teacher! Ya never know she may remember you for sure. I use to run into my third grade teacher and found out she actually just lived a street away when I was an adult. It was a always nice running into her. Thanx for coming to the party!

Doreen said...

Hi Faye,
Visiting from From my Porch to Yours features. Absolutely l.o.v.e. your "new" table. You transformed it beautifully. So inspiring. Doreen
Altered Artworks

Anonymous said...

well it is april 1st 2015 and i just found this.lololol......my question is what paint color did you use? tyvm if you see this could you email just.plzzz@yahoo.com the answer thxs

Post a Comment