PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Summer Front Porch

post by Katie



By adding a "welcome" a new boxwood wreath, some shiny lanterns, house number on a plaque from my stash, and few other touches I created a pretty porch perfect for first impressions.

(yeah that's me in reflection, I'm working on my picture taking skills)

Here it is a month or so ago...Yawn









I also took away the little door mat(everyone has those) and added a big bold rug instead($30 at Target, not 
much more than a little 'ol door mat).  

Before...
A new rug is the perfect(and easiest) place to start.  I had my color palette pretty much sticking to mostly green, white and black.

After...

I'm really loving boxwood's right now.  I've actually been looking for an everyday wreath for my front door for awhile, of course Target had the perfect one.  I also added the "Welcome" I made on the Cricut.


My mom actually gave this little plaque to do some Cricut on and sell, (maybe she won't notice).



The lanterns all actually come from different places.  I got the first one from a garage sale(score, right).  I got another one at Goodwill, and the third one was on clearance at TJ Maxx because it was missing a pane of glass, but I don't think you could ever notice.  I just love em.


I made the chalkboard from a window I broke, just cut a thin board to size and painted with chalkboard paint.


I added some pillows to my Adirondack chairs, also from Target, and moved my little 'ol door mat over here.


It wouldn't be a summer porch without all the potted plants, I stuck to mostly greenery, and white flowers.






So there ya go, I hope it's a tiny bit of inspiration, I know there's a lot out there, but that's my interpretation of the perfect summer porch(well within a budget anyway).

Porch dreams for the future... new light fixture, and family established sign on an old window, possibly painting the bistro black(what do you think I need opinions on that one).

Oh and Happy Father's Day!  We're off to go fishing.
Thanks for stoppin'

                                                                  Katie

24 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Looks lovely! I really love your house numbers sign!

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

very pretty~

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Really pretty and quite inviting :)

Anonymous said...

Your porch is beautiful! All your decorative touches make is so lovely and welcoming. I love your patio out in front. Have a great week! Wanda

Anonymous said...

So happy to have found your blog today. I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll stop by and visit with me too.



ciao bella
creative carmelina

Unknown said...

Thanks so much everyone for your kind comments. We love comments!

Katie

Patty Rumaker said...

Your porch is lovely. I just found your blog and I am your newest follower. I am going to follow you on bloglovin. I would love for you to visit my blog sometime.
Thanks, Patty

sweetvintageofmine said...

LOVE the change...touch of green is very pretty! You have a beautiful home....Blessings~~~Roxie

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love everything about it!

the cape on the corner said...

love love LOVE all the greens!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
You really should be a decorator, it all seems to come so naturally to you. Your blog makes me think I should dig up some old pictures of my living room and take new ones since I've redone it.

Cathy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a beautiful welcoming porch! Love the boxwood wreath and the chalkboard that you made.

Thanks for linking up to The Creative HomeAcre Blog Hop. We hope you join us again this Sunday!

At The Picket Fence said...

Your front porch looks absolutely beautiful!! I just love all of the lanterns clustered together. :-) And the boxwood wreath is always a favorite!
Vanessa
P.S. I'm an Oregon gal too!

Unknown said...

Seeing your post linked up at the Creative HomeAcre Hop was inspiring! I wish we had Target here in the UK. Thanks for joining us and we hope you'll come and party creatively again on Sunday at http://mumtopia.blogspot.com/2013/06/23rdJunebloghop.html
If you would like to write a guest post for Mumtopia, please let me know - I'm sure my readers would benefit from what you have to say.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

This is wonderful Faye! It's my Home Decor Feature at this week's Creative HomeAcre Hop! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Cheers, Andrea

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a beautiful entry...love your door!!!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Sandy said...

Love your changes! And DEFINITELY paint the bistro black! Thanks for giving me some inspiration today!
S ;)

Anonymous said...

The green plants, wreath and mat really give it the "wow" factor! You are talented!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Your entryway looks beautiful! I love the boxwoods too. Hope your mom lets you keep the plaque...it's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Deborah

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

Wow - you have a fantastic porch and entry - love all of the green accents from the rug to the boxwoods. Gorgeous!
Visiting from Funky Junk... Rhonda @ home.made.

Jeanine said...

I love your porch! It looks so beautiful and welcoming! Where did your mom get that plaque? I would love to get one for my home. Thank you for sharing your front porch.

Unknown said...

A porch is probably one of the best places in your home wherein you can achieve total relaxation. Yours could truly attest to that! You have cozy furniture and beautiful surroundings. What else can you ask for? You can relieve your stress just by sitting in one of those comfy Adirondack chairs!
John Gwaltney @ Nehemiah ReConstruction

Luvoldhouses said...

I love your house address sign. Where is that plaque from? I want to make one!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I actually don't remember where the plaque came from I think it was a found thing that I spray painted and made the vinyl numbers on my cricut.

Post a Comment