PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 15, 2012

Cottage White Vanity

I had a little trouble getting a vision for this vanity, after doing something a little different, like the painting on the buffet, just painting with all one color seemed a little boring, but it has so much of detail built in that I think classic cottage white was the only answer.

I did have some problems with bleeding, it was a dark cherry stain before, I used a little heavy duty primer in the spots that bled, and still some pink came through, but after distressing it didn't seem matter.

Well once again I forgot to take the before pic, but here is the after anyway:(



2 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Lovely! I know what you mean about doing things in two colors. You get so used to "jazzing it up" with the second color. I think sometimes it's good to do things in one color. It winds up being a good break for you and sometimes it's the right thing for the piece. I think you could have gone either way with this piece, but it looks good in the one color.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh, so cute! I love how it turned out. I usually use Kilz primer on something I think might bleed thru. I love the stuff, quick and easy :)

Post a Comment