PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Handmade Fall Decor

post by Katie

Before I get to my fall projects, I wanted to say a quick thanks to all our awesome customers who
 "brought it" for our anniversary sale.  It was a really busy weekend and so much fun.  Thanks so much for showing up, we do it all for you.  

And now for a few fall projects I made that I didn't get to post before the sale.  I saw This(she has a great tutorial on this) sign on Pinterest and loved it so I created my own version above.  I've had the board in my garage for awhile, I got it Goodwill, it had tole painted fruit in dark greens, reds, and browns, and when I distressed it, it really worked with what I painted on it. 

I also made a couple small fall signs...

I made stencils with the Cricut, and bought some craft paint in fall colors.

Have you noticed all the neutral holiday decor lately, like burlap or painted pumpkins in neutral colors, so simple, subtle and pretty, and Pottery Barn.  That's what inspired me the minute I saw this little turkey at Goodwill I had to take it home and try painting it white.  I wasn't even really sure it would work, but it did, beautifully.


Here it is before...

I also made a few burlap bunting banners(say that 10 times fast, oh wait it's not that hard).  again I made stencils on the Cricut and stenciled the letters on the little burlap triangles I cut, hot glued them on some twine and done. I kinda want to keep them.


Thanks so much for stoppin' by

                                                                                        Katie

Linking to...

Three Mango Seeds

Creative Home & Garden Blog Hop
Craftdectator
Dwellings
Homestories a to z tutorials
The Lettered Cottage

7 comments:

Anne said...

Love those fall signs Katie! Yes I too enjoy neutral colors for fall.I don't like changing my home around to decorate for the holidays or seasons.I enjoy using what I have and add to it a bit.Have a great weekend!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great signs, Katie! I love the Pumpkin Patch arrow sign! I try to look at little figures like that turkey you found as paintable when I see them now. I did two great painted cement owls in a gloss white for my daughter last year. Changed the whole look.

Unknown said...

This is a really good post. I like it.

We sold the pumpkin patch sign today.
Mom

Simply Simplisticated said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the warm festive feeling of your deco!great signs as well as a really cool banner!

Effie said...

The banners are adorable! So rustic and cute.

Effie said...

The banners are adorable! So rustic and cute.

Pearl Maple said...

great post, fall and thanksgiving is my favourite time of the year, celebrating the richness of nature's bounty

Post a Comment