PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 17, 2014

Cottage White Antique Cupboard


I found this piece on Craigslist, and instantly fell in love the minute I saw it, while trying to keep my cool so I could bargain.  I've never seen anything like it.  It was in great shape, aside from the scratched surface.  I really would have liked to have left something in the original wood, but it was just too rough.  I don't know allot about the era of pieces of furniture.  If I had to guess I would say around the 40's, but I really have no Idea.  It sat for a little while, waiting for inspiration, but in the end Cottage White won out, because of all the details it already had.  

I think it would make a great craft cupboard, or maybe in a baby's room.  It's at the Cottage for whatever purpose you need it for.  

Here it is before...

And after...



I decided to leave the handles in their original state, I like the contrast.

Ahhh all those details...


Thanks for stoppin'

                                                                    Katie
Linking too:
Art is Beauty
Home Stories A to Z
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design
Green Willow Pond
Ivy and Elephants
Before & After Wednesdays
A Stroll Thru Life
Timewashed - Blissful Whites Wednesday

10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great piece, Katie! I love all the details. It looks great in the cottage white, too. It would make a great little hutch/storage piece in a small dining area like mine!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Pinned for inspiration! ~Lisa @ Practically Perfect Home

DD's Cottage said...

Gorgeous! Love it! great job and lucky find.

Julie said...

You did a fantastic improvement on that piece. Some of the details looked so blah in the original wood. Now it really pops out in an eye catching way.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my what a fabulous piece and it is so beautiful painted and antiqued white. I love it. Amazing. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

wonderful makeover. I love how you aged it down.

Betsy said...

Katie,
Love the piece! I hope theone I am working on turns out this well!
My first chalk paint adventure!
hugs,
Betsy

Heather {Woods of Bell Trees} said...

Oooh la la! I love what you did with this cupboard! It's so gorgeous!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

This piece is just gorgeous! Love all the details and it is perfect in white! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

Anonymous said...

It is lovely. You did a great job bringing out those gorgeous details. I saw your link at Ivy and Elephants link party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

Post a Comment